Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Election in Pennsylvania



Just when you thought it was over - it isn't ... at least not yet. From Iowa until now, what I've learned is that this election season is unpredictable. Both Hillary and Barack Obama are relentless in pursuit of the prize. Dirty tricks by both campaigns are amazing. "Swift boating" looks tame compared to Hillary's "Bosnia Flap" and Obama's "Reverend Jerimiah Wright Scandal." No matter how you look at either Hillary or Obama, neither one of these two are political virgins.

Truthfully, I don't like any of them. And just in case your wondering, I don't like McCain either. I have labels for each of them: Obama - slick; Hillary - the fibber; McCain - more of the same.

Has our political process devolved to this? Our country has real problems that require real world solutions and it seems to me that something is missing. Why does each of the candidates have to be millionaires?

Look around you - how many of your buddies are millionaires? What happened to politically "incorrect" presidential candidates? All of these guys are so tame in what they utter, I get bored.

It is scary that each of these candidates seem like they're "owned" by someone.

Here are my politically incorrect fears:

Hillary wants eight more years(counting her husband's time)of making as much money as she can from the office.

Obama is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I fear that he will go on a prosecutorial witch hunt against the Bush Administration. He is so revolutionary, I fear his campaign is a major exercise in deception. I don't think America is ready for blood in the streets.

McCain has that "far away" look that makes one scared that his thumb on the button with the chemistry of his temper makes for a bad mix.

Is there anybody else? Where's Guy Fawkes when you need him?

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Personally, I am disappointed with the choices we have today in the Presidential election.

I think Condoleezza Rice would make a very good Vice President. . .someone should choose her!

Unknown said...

Regarding: he will go on a prosecutorial witch hunt against the Bush Administration.

What is not to like?

Anonymous said...

Where's Guy Fawkes when you need him?

Fawkes was a revolutionary willing to blow up Parliament. Obama doesn't have it in him to be a Guy Fawkes.